Tuesday 6 February 2007

Driving in France - at this time of year anyway - is a real pleasure. Today I covered about 600 miles from Brittany to the Basque country, and am less stressed than by a typical trip from Naas to Dublin. It would be nice to linger in some of the towns I could see beyond the vineyards, but I'm even more keen to get to Africa.

Tonight Biarritz feels very off season, but the Youth Hostel (I'm minding the budget!) is livened up by a school group singing I Will Survive at full volume. Tomorrow looking forward to the coast road to San Sebastian and Bilbao.

2 comments:

PDiddy said...

Hey Denis, thanks for the modem. With the broadband i can keep a better eye on your latest adventures there ! Keep us posted and i might just join you in Algeria ! Say hello to Ana for me in Soria, and dont forget the coast road from San Sebastian to Guernica.

denis said...

thanks paul ... just about to set off on that very road!

This blog is the diary of a journey through the Sahara undertaken February-May 2007. The most recent post is first.